Friday, March 27, 2009

The Evening Commute

Beautiful, brisk evening. Leisurely ride home as the family was up in Wisconsin. I tooled through Daley Plaza contemplating the possible Children's Museum, (more on that later) then slowly up the lakefront into a stiff northerly. Stopped the bike when I got to the Jarvis Bird Sanctuary at Addison. While I could hear a couple of calls that I couldn't identify, the only wildlife I actually saw was a racoon and a couple of drunks. With the leaves still off the trees, the din of traffic from LSD was still pretty loud even at the east end of the santuary. But the setting sun reflected off the pond that soon will be inhabited by wood ducks more than made up for it.

It's a nice time of year, cold snap after the brief warm up after a long winter makes you realize how much you appreciate the almost empty park and bike path.

No comments: