Saturday, September 19, 2015

Autumn


Two of us old timers at work ran into a third.  Many years ago the three of us played in a weekly basketball game. My one friend said to the other, "don't you miss those games?" to which the other friend replied: "I miss being thirty."

Here in Chicago, the temperature is warm and most people are still dressing as if it were mid-July.
The mid-September sun you see in the picture taken the other day, setting directly to the west means that the autumnal equinox is close upon us, the beginning of fall and the end of summer. Like today's weather, it doesn't feel like all those years have passed, but the signs are there.

Yesterday my little girl was a toddler, she's now a third grader. Just last week my little boy was a baby. Today he's in high school.

Tomorrow they will both be adults. The question is will I think and behave as if I'm still in the summer of my life?

Stay tuned, it won't take very long to find out.

No comments: