Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

The posting on Facebook of the photographs of two of my best friends' fathers, as well as my own in honor of Father's Day, reminded me of this post that I wrote almost two years ago, which mentioned all three men.

The piece was written to commemorate the anniversary of the beginning of World War II, and brought me to the realization that virtually all of the fathers of my peers had direct experience with that war.

It is up to us, their children, to pass along their legacy.

Here are the names of the men I mentioned in that post, in the order in which they appear:

Josef Dirisamer
Palmer Morrone
Louis Morrone
William P. Wilson
Kazimierz Scibor
Robert A. Hoggatt
Václav Iška
John Severson

Happy Father's Day gentlemen, your children miss you.

1 comment:

Pete said...

James, I just sent you a friend request on Facebook. My father-in-law went to Oak Park-River Forest, too, though about ten years before you. His dad owned a drugstore in River Forest.