Sunday, April 24, 2011

You don't see these everyday

Those were the words of the Metra train operator the other day as we headed into the downtown station which I still have a hard time calling Olgilvie Transportation Center. He was pointing out three passenger cars, freshly painted in old Union Pacific livery that were parked at the station. A few passengers including myself chose to disrupt the routine of our daily commute to check them out. One was a woman I'd say in her early forties, who was curious what the fuss was all about. The other, a man in his early sixties got it. Only he and I made the complete trek across the station and almost the entire length of the platform to take a look at these beauties.

"This is how I used to travel back when I was a kid" the man said.

"Me too" I replied, wistfully.

No comments: